Thursday, August 16, 2012

High Season Testing

We're in high season recipe testing mode here. I've got recipes for the following dishes: egg and veg bread volcano (a.k.a. bread bowl quiche) which I adapted from a conversation I had with Jesse at Primorida Mushroom Farm; a three-cheese quiche from Jo at the Quadrant in downtown Easton; fruit cordials from Sue Newquist; French potato salad; Panzanella (bread salad with tomatoes); Scholl Orchard cobbler (which I think I might call an inside out cobbler); and, my personal favorite for its name alone, Mexylvania Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing Salad, from my food writer friend Lenora Dannelke.

I also have three great looking recipes--one with kale and spicy bison sausage; one with steak and a mint salsa verde; and a black-eyed peas salad with lots of fresh summer veggies.

In the meantime, here's a photo of the Egg and Veg Volcano. I call it a volcano because it oozed egg lava a couple times during baking. It's basically a quiche baked in a bread bowl. It turned out to be a great way to use up both stale-ish bread and veggies at the end of the week, when you want to clean out before your new CSA pick-up.


If you want to get on board and test some of these using produce from any of the farmers' markets here in the Lehigh Valley, please email me at lvfmcookbook at gmail dot com --and happy eating! I'm looking to get these tested by August 31, so there's a bit of time. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment